Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Two Cards, One Great Technique!

We are down to the final hours of Sale-a-Bration, if you haven't got all the free sets you want you need to act FAST!  Thursday is the last day!  I can't believe it, it seems to have flown by!  I've had a great time SALE-A-BRATING!  My cards today are made with one of the catalog sets that you can earn FREE during these last few days of Sale-a-Bration.  I've had this set for a while and it's one of those sets that when I do use it I gotta dust it off it's been so long.  It's such a cute set too, why don't I use it more??  It's a Flower For All Seasons, it's really cute and has 4 flower images that are perfect to watercolor!  I did something a little different with the water coloring this time.  I saw this technique on Kimberly Van Diepen's blog and thought this would be the perfect time to try it!

To do this technique, paint some shimmer paint onto the paper you're going to watercolor on.  Let it dry and then stamp you image over it and watercolor as usual.  The look you get is this sparkly, shimmery look that's just so pretty!   
The cards are basically the same, just different stamps and colors.  But the same idea on them both.  I water colored with my watercolor crayons and a blender pen.  Since the image is a little on the smaller side I didn't want to use my aqua painter and get the paper so saturated that it made the colors run too much.  For this card I used More Mustard, Garden Green and Crumb Cake. 
These cards are so pretty in person and I wish that the shimmer was better captured, but if you've ever used the shimmer paint you know what a fantastic product it is!!! 

On the next card I used Poppy Parade, Old Olive and Soft Suede.  I actually LOVE these colors together, it makes such a beautiful card! 

The cards both have a button from the neutral collection with some linen thread and a pearl to finish it.  The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  So other than the water coloring it's a pretty straight forward card.  I just love it.  

I probably won't list a supply list, I think I've mentioned almost everything I've used.  If you have questions on it let me know.  

Thanks for looking see you soon!!!





No comments: