Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BLISS

Bliss...that's it just Bliss...that's how I feel about this card.  I can't bring myself to give it away, I just love it, it's just Bliss!!!

Isn't is so pretty?  Too bad the picture just doesn't do it the justice it deserves.  This is one of the Sale-a-Bration sets that you can get for FREE through March 31.  I think, yep for sure, it's my favorite this year.  Despite what it looks like it didn't take very long to make.  The great thing about distressing and making cards with that vintage look is that even if you're not too careful and you mess up and tear it or crinkle it or sponge it in the wrong place it all works with the vintage look.  There's truly no mistake in stamping.  (I tell my customers that ALL the time!  No mistakes just creative opportunities!).
So lets get to the card and the details, shall we.  You can't tell from the picture but you'll have to trust me when I tell you what's stamped there.  I started with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  I stamped the cherry blossoms from the Easter Blossoms set in Soft Suede but it's stamped off on scrap paper, not once but twice so that the image is very, very light.  Then I used my Very Vintage jumbo wheel in VersaMark and went over the whole piece.  Then I stamped the flourish in full strength Soft Suede over all that.  Then I did lots of sponging, not just on the edges but onto the paper toward the flourish too.  Crumple the edges a little as you go.  I spritz it a little with my color spritzer and Crumb Cake marker (seriously I can't seem to make a card lately without the spritzer tool!).  Then I added a bunch of pearls in different sizes all over the flourish.  I layered it on some Baja Breeze added a Vintage Brad and attached it to my completed card base and the card was done-so pretty!
I can't say enough good things about it, I just LOVE IT!!!

Supplies: 
Stamp Sets:  Bliss, Easter Blossoms, Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel
Carstock:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Elegant Soiree DSP
Ink:  Soft Suede, Versa Mark and Crumb Cake Marker
Accessories:  Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, Vintage Brads, Adhesive Pearls, Dimensionals, Sponges, Color Spritzer

1 comment:

Tammy Fite said...

Very pretty card! I've used these colors alot with this set!!