Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bird I Love

So it appears that I'm loosing my mind.  I had every intent to post the stamp camp projects today but instead posted them yesterday afternoon.  Oh well.  You'll get an extra post this week :)  Also as I was frantically preparing for a stamp a stack I have coming up I began to worry that I may not get everything I need in time.  Well I have plenty of time.  The stamp a stack is in 2 weeks, I thought it was next week.  All weekend and all day today I've been preparing for it and it's 2 weeks away.  Too funny!  But wait I'm not done.  While stamping today I went to grab my Stampin' Mist cleaner to spray on my pads to clean my stamps like a good stamper should and I grabbed my shimmer mist spray.  I didn't even realize it until I was cleaning a stamp and it smelled like rubbing alcohol.  Then it hit me, I sprayed my pads with shimmer mist spray instead of stampin' mist!!!  Oh brother!  Thankfully I have plenty of cleaning pads so I just replaced them and cleaned my stamps the proper way.  I'm still going to blame it on having a 2nd baby.  And reason number #268 why we won't have a 3rd-I don't think I would have any brain left if we did!  We're supposed to get more snow today :(  I'm so done with winter and soooooo ready for spring and warmer weather :)  Since my stamp a stack isn't coming up as quickly as I first thought, I have plenty of time to stamp for fun, though isn't ALL stamping fun!?!  

 I love this card more than I can express.  I think that Friends 24/7 has got to be one of my all time favorite stamp sets of all time-please SU don't ever retire it!!!!  I just love the elegant vintage look of this card-it's so pretty!  I used my markers to color the image on the stamp.  Then I got out some watercolor paper and used my aqua painter to gently wet the paper, then I stamped my image on it and the water from the paper will gently blend the colors together.  If you wanted a more watercolored look then you just get your paper wetter.  After the paper was dry I picked up some Old Olive with my aqua painter and tapped it on the side of my hand splattering Old Olive colored water over the image.  I could have got a similar look using the color spritzer but I wanted to try it with the aqua painter.  I think I'll stick with the color spritzer :) 
I just love it!  And the antique brad and ribbon, so pretty!

Supplies:
Stamp Set:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Friends 24/7
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Watercolor Paper
Ink:  Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie Markers and Crumb Cake Pad
Accessories:  Aqua Painter, Sponges, Antique Brads, Corner Rounder Punch,  Curly Label Punch, Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!
Like me on Facebook, here.

No comments: