Friday, January 7, 2011

Sweet Valentine

Well I can officially say that I've had a very successful week of posting. I really hope this is just the first of many weeks where I have a new project to show you ever day (well every weekday {smile}) I have more projects ready to show you next week so I'm hoping that this posting streak will continue! :)
Yesterday when I returned home, I found an unwelcome surprise on my desk. It appears that our 2 cats played while I was out. I keep my ribbon hanging above my desk under a shelf. Well if the ribbon is hanging too low the cats will jump up and grab it and well you can imagine what happens next. I knew this black ribbon was hang dangerously low but they hadn't been interested in the ribbon for months and months so I didn't do anything about it for days. Well yesterday I guess it was just too tempting, here's what I found when I got back....
...wait it gets worse....oh and note to self--I need to buy more ribbbon :)
Yep that's about 10 yards of ribbon unravelled all over my desk. I guess it could have been worse but next time the ribbon is hanging a little low, I'll be sure to fix that :)


Today's project is another project with Rub Ons!! I was so excited after I used the Rub ons from yesterdays card that I wanted to use more of them. Which then led me to thinking, what else haven't I used in a while and the answer was easy-our adorable Sweet Treat Cups!!! They're so cute and so wonderful-WHY haven't I been using them!?! Lack of time probably :) So I came up with this cute-FAST-easy and kid friendly project! I would defiantly do this for a class with kiddos. It's so easy and it incorporates candy, and what kid doesn't like candy?

This card doesn't open, it's just the card front. My thought was that you could write a quick note or message on the space above the sweet treat cup. I used the rub ons directly onto the sweet treat cup. The tag is from the Two Tags Die from the big shot and I finished it off with a button and some ribbon. Of course the Valentines Day M&M's would have looked much better in this card but I didn't have those on hand. If I make more of these, I'll definatly get some of those M&M's :)


Here's a quick fun tip for you too-after running your cardstock through your embossing folder, go over the embossed areas lightly with a sanding block. You'll get a faux suede feel to the cardstock and it will add some extra texture (it's a little hard to tell from the pictures but I did that on this card and it's so pretty in person).




Supplies:


Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red


Accessories: Big Shot, Two Tags Die, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Love Impressions Rub Ons, Neutrals Buttons, Black Grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals




Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: