Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Thoughts!

Tomorrow is the day!  Sale-A-Bration starts!  I can't wait!  I'm so excited for SAB this year.  I have so many wonderful things planned!  But before we can get to SAB we have to deal with life first.  Logan was a little sick over the weekend.  He has a cold.  Nothing major just a runny nose and a cough.  He'll be fine.  But it was so difficult to explain to Logan that just for a couple of days he needs to keep his distance from Megan.  We kept telling him "What might be a little cough for you, might make her very sick."  It was a hard lesson for him to learn, he loves her so much and wants to play with her all the time.  So cute!  

Today's card is really pretty.  I just love it and I wasn't sure if I would or not.  When I first saw the beveled window panes in the catalog I was a little, nope a lot hesitant.  I wasn't sure how heavy they were or if they would even look good on a card.  But boy was I wrong.  After seeing wonderful things done with them I just loved them and decided to get some of my own :) 

I really like them.  They're very lightweight so they don't weigh the card down and they're really cute and easy to work with.  For this card I colored my stamp with the markers, then sponged the edges of the paper and used my color spritzer too.  I just adore our seam binding ribbon.  Oh I love it.  It's so easy and fun to work with :)
The greeting is from the level 2 hostess set Apple Blossoms.  It's such a cute set!  You can earn it free with only a $300 workshop!  I love how the scallop border under the seam binding extends to the end while the greeting is just a smaller piece of CS on top of the seam binding.  I like small details like that, it adds so much for the eyes to look at :)


For the border I ran a piece of DSP from the Botanical Gazette pack in the mini, through the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder.  Then I used my sanding block and lightly sanded the embossed part.  Since SU's DSP is white based the white of the DSP shines through and makes the border 'pop' more.  Plus it gives it a wonderful faux suede feel.   So there's a lot going on on just this card.  I hope you like it as much as I do!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  Apple Blossoms, Funky Four
Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Botanical Gazette DSP
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Crumb Cake Marker, Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip pad
Accessories:  Big Shot, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Scallop Border Punch, Sanding Block, Beveled Windowpanes, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Linen Thread, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: