Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crumb Cake Thanks!

I spent all day yesterday making a business plan for the rest of the year-at least through July. Some things were scheduled past July, but mostly through July. After I was pregnant with Logan I had to rebuild my business over again. With him I ended up taking year off work too, just too sick to do anything. So now after Megan I find myself in the same boat, working on rebuilding after so long off. There were a few differences this time around though. With Megan my business and customer base was much bigger and more established then with Logan so I worked harder not to loose contact with my customers. I had lots of email specials and stuff like that. But even with all that I'm still starting all over. And I'm taking this 'starting over' opportunity to change a few things about my business. Customer service is one. I plan to be more consistent and better at calling my customers and keeping in contact with them. One way I'm going to do that is to send all my customers birthday cards (those who I have addresses and birthdays on file anyway). I think it's a small gesture to say "HI and I care about you and thanks for supporting my business" So if you're one of my customers and want to receive a birthday card from me, make sure you email me your birthday and address (just in case I don't have it). I also want to share SU with more people this year. I plan to do that by recruiting and holding more workshop and classes. I say it over and over again but I have the BEST job in the world. I LOVE what I do and I WANT to share it so look for more announcements about special classes and fun events that I want to have! I'm really excited to see what this year has to offer me through my business and I can't wait to get started. I have so many ideas and thoughts running through my head and I can't wait to share them!!!

Ok onto today's project! This card is made from ideas from about 4 different cards. I used the tone on tone embossing idea from one card. The button on the flower from another, the flower cut and popped up from another and well you get the idea. But isn't it a great card! I love the colors together. Who would have ever put Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight together? I got that color combo from the handy dandy Color Coach. It's one of the best tools offered by SU!
To get the embossed look on the back I just used a smaller piece of CS embossed that and adhered it to the card base. The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory. I just love it and it would be the perfect workshop card. It's so easy and elegant! If you want me to make this card at your workshop, call me to set up a date!



Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Kind Thanks, Apple Blossoms
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Bright Buttons, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

luv2stamp said...

Smart, woman, Ruth - writing your plans is a giant step - you have motivated me to do just that today! I wish you all the best this year! You go girl!