Monday, December 6, 2010

Candy Cane Santa's

What a busy weekend, but productive :) Saturday we went to the River of Lights. In Albuquerque the botanical gardens fills the gardens with tons of festive lights. They shape them to be animals or other objects. The moving dinosaur is always Logan's favorite. So we went to that on Saturday night and it was freezing and packed. Oh my goodness there we sooo many people there. We certainly chose the wrong night to go :) But we still had a good time. Megan was nice and cozy warm up against me in her Beco carrier (which I love!). So it was just the rest of us that were cold :) Sunday Dan and I got our Christmas shopping done with the help of my Mom babysitting Logan. So all that's left is to wrap and wait for Christmas. This morning I was so happy to wake up and see that my SU order has shipped! I hope it gets here soon! Probably by Wednesday I'll have tons of new stuff to play with. So that gives me 2 days to get ready for my class and demo meeting later this month :) I would at least love to get the class done and ready that would be a huge relief!

In addition to my busy weekend, on Friday night I hosted bunco at my house. I made these super cute Santa candy cane favors for those that came. They are so stinkin cute, I got the idea from Heather Summers. Copied them pretty much exactly! Gotta love all those great ideas out there.

Aren't they just the sweetest little candy cane treats?! I'm not going to list a supply list or going into great detail of how they're made. Heather does an excellent job of that on her blog. Plus she has a video so you can see step by step instructions, how cool is that!
I just love them, they're so cute. My next goal is to get another 16 made for Logan's class at school, and then maybe if I have time Dan's office. I guess I better start punching!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: