Monday, November 22, 2010

Very Merry Dasher

Did you see all the fantastic things on sale for the online spectacular sale!?! If you haven't had a chance to look make sure you do. These are only on sale until November 30 so you need to act fast! To see more about it, you can scroll down to my last post or click here.

Today I'm going to go get a new refrigerator. The one we have is the one that came with our house when we moved a couple years ago. We're not sure how old it is, pretty old though, it's not very energy efficient and we've had so many problems with it. The ice maker broke shortly after we moved in, that's not a big problem so we lived without an ice maker. Then we realized that stuff wasn't staying frozen in the freezer unless we had the temp turned waaayyyyy down-like negative degrees, a little bit of a problem but we still lived with it. It made our fridge work a little harder but it was still working. Then a few weeks ago it started leaking from the water line on the bottom-BIG problem. We decided that instead of even trying to fix it, we just need to get a new fridge. So we've been shopping for one for a couple weeks, I've been comparing prices, features and all that fun stuff. And we found one that we really like. Yesterday I took Dan to the store so he could see it in person (he had only seen it online), and I wanted him to see it in person just in case they had it on sale after Thanksgiving I didn't want to get it if he didn't like it in person. But while we were at the store we found another one-a better one that's on sale now for almost $500 off-it ended up being cheaper than the first one we were looking at and it has more features. So we're really happy with this one. So I'm going to get it today and hope they can deliver it on Wednesday or Friday. Tomorrow Chase will be neutered so I don't want it coming tomorrow :) So that's the plan for today and maybe by Thanksgiving I'll have a brand new fridge-one that actually works! I'm really excited about though. I've been wanting a new fridge for a while and this one is a bottom freezer one. So I'm really excited!!! Next appliance on my list is a new stove (Dan says the next one will be a water heater, but I'm hoping for a new stove first). Both still work fine so hopefully neither will need to be purchased in the near future.

But I do have a project for you today, I made a stack of Christmas cards for Logan's school's silent auction in a little over a week. Here's one of the cards I made. I really love it.

I'm really loving doing simple cards. They're just as amazing as more elaborate cards but with my life right now, they fit in much better. And this card may look simple but there's lots on this card to jazz it up! The snowflakes are embossed in clear embossing powder, I added a rhinestone to Dasher's nose and that glittery Candy Cane DSP is so pretty!!
A little ribbon would jazz it up even more but I didn't really have time. I decided to make the cards kind of last minute for the auction so I wanted them simple and easily made. I made 10 of these and 10 of another card (you'll see soon), and all 20 cards were completed in under an hour. Which was perfect for me!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Dasher, Short and Sweet, Serene Snowflakes
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Real Red, Whisper White, Candy Cane DSP
Ink: Versa Mark, Real Red, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Scallop Border Punch, Rhinestones, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

No comments: