Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful Trees

This card was supposed to be a Christmas Card but the Christmas greeting didn't look right so the card was taken apart and turned into a thank you card-which you can never have too many of right?! I got this idea from 3 or 4 different cards and meshed them all together into one card, I actually really love it and it was pretty simple too, a great mass production card or make and take at a party.

Isn't it pretty? The trees are stamped on the Baja Breeze in Baja Breeze to give it a subtle tone on tone look. I really love it!
I used my scallop border punch to add some scallops to the top of the Not Quite Navy, they're difficult to see in the picture and if I were to make this card again I think I would make sure to make them easier to see, because they are so cute and it just adds a little something extra to the card. The tag is very lightly sponged in Early Espresso. Very lightly, I didn't want it to be too dark but I wanted it to stand out off the blues. I used my hobby blade to cut slits in both sides of the tag and then fed the ribbon through it.
I'm not sure when I'll get to post again. I'm hoping to put a post up by Friday. Dan's parents are visiting this week so my time is even more limited though. But if all goes well and Megan continues to nap nicely like she's done the past couple of days I may have some free time to stamp and get some projects up for you. I so miss stamping everyday. I'm finding it hard to stamp 3 or 4 times a week when I used to do it everyday. I love stamping so much and I'm missing doing it daily. But I know it's only a temporary thing. Megan will be growing fast enough so if I have to miss some stamping time now that's ok with me.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Lovely as a Tree, Occasional Quotes
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Early Espresso
Ink: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Dimensionsals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: