Monday, November 1, 2010

Baby Announcements-The Non Chocolate Version

I finally have the non chocolate baby announcements done and ready to show you. They're ready to be mailed too, just gotta somehow find my way to the post office to get stamps. I hate going to the post office--ugghh! Maybe I'll pick up the stamps for our Christmas cards too while I'm there. I wonder if they have the Christmas designs out yet? Dan would know, I'll check with him. Anyway, that's just me thinking out loud-or in writing as it turns out. Here's the announcements.

I did them super simple, they're actually just a card front and the belly band slides off to reveal the birth info.


It occurred to me after I had assembled them all that I forgot to put the year on there. But I think that's ok. Everyone that's getting them should know what year anyway. I had everything done except the birth info and I just plugged that in after she was born. I love them and they were really easy to make. I got the idea for this kind of card from one of Heather Summers online classes months ago. I loved the design and thought it would be perfect for baby announcements.
Megan is 2 weeks old today. We're still working on a sleep schedule. She does really good until about 2am then decides, I'm done sleeping let's just sit here awake. So we're working on keeping her awake more during the day so she'll want to sleep more at night. I think once we achieve that we'll be on a really good schedule. But we're still getting sleep, just not as much as I would like but isn't that the cry of all parents with newborns? And anyway, I'll take the sleepless nights any day over the constant nausea and being sick. So I'm not complaining....too much :)
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Teddy and Train
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Subtles DSP Pack
Ink: Staz On, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: 1 3/4 Circle Punch, XL Scallop Circle Punch, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Blender Pen
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: