Thursday, October 14, 2010

Diagonal Birthday

I had a Dr appointment yesterday and baby is being as stubborn as can be. Baby just doesn't want to leave! Well the eviction notice has been given and baby has until Monday at 4pm to move out or I'll be induced. So we're really hoping it happens over the next few days. I'll keep you up to date as always but please send good baby thoughts this way and hope and pray baby comes in the next few day on her own.


This card just blows me away it looks so cool. And it's pretty easy to do especially with SU's DSP because it all coordinates with each other! I first saw this card on Connie Collins's blog. She got the idea from Kristina Werner's blog. It's such a cool idea I love the look of it so I had to give it try! Kristina has a video on her blog on how to do it so I won't go into detail on it. It probably wouldn't make much sense if I tried to explain it anyway. So if you're interested in making this card I recommend watching her video.

Isn't it cool though. I love the look of the DSP on this card. And may I also say how much I am LOVING our In Colors!! And yes that's Cajun Craze, it really is starting to grow on me, but I think only when I use it with Peach Parfait :)
Don't you just love that glittery brad! It's hard to tell from the picture but it really is glittery. I made this card for my Dad's birthday that was this week. But I had so much fun making this one that I made another one too!

I think I actually like this one better. I like the greens and I like the diagonal rays coming down from the top. Plus I added a little ribbon to this card and we all know that ribbon makes everything better :)

Logan also stamped a card for my Dad's birthday and I thought I would show it with these cards too. I had no input on this card. I just cut the cardstock for him. And you can't tell from the picture but it actually opens backwords, the fold is on the right instead of the left. But he was so happy with it I couldn't bear to tell him that. He's even getting really good at using my SNAIL by himself :)

Isn't it cute! The greeting says 'Lucky You and lucky me for knowing you'. He even sponged the edges of the tag!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Afterthoughts, Word Play, Fox and Friends
Carstock: Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Pear Pizazz, In Color 6x6 DSP pack, Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist
Ink: Cajun Craze, Pear Pizazz, Basic Black
Accessories: Decorative Label Punch, Glimmer Brads, Pear Pizazz Ribbon, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Heather Summers said...

Super cute! Love how you used the punch with the two papers! Have a great day!