Thursday, September 2, 2010

Baja Thoughts

Well I'm down to just about 6 weeks left, unless baby comes early (fingers crossed). I THINK I can finally see an end in sight. I've scheduled my last 6 appointments where I'll spend them hooked up to a baby monitor to make sure the baby's heartbeat sounds good and to make sure the fluid level in my belly are at adequate levels. So far testing my blood sugar 4 times a day hasn't been as horrible as I thought. I've only had 1 time that it spiked. So my doctor and nutritionist are confident that we can control this with my diet. The diet hasn't been that hard to adjust to, lots of cutting out or at least cutting back on pasta's and bread and starches and sugar. Which of course now means that all I want is a big plate of fries! But I'll wait to indulge in that until after the baby is born. I also won't be enjoying any birthday cake this Sunday on my birthday BUT we'll enjoy birthday cake when the baby is born so it won't be so bad. My doctor also said that unless my blood sugar starts spiking unexpectedly, or baby doesn't sound good on the monitors then I should be able to go to my due date, but she won't let me go too far past, so if I don't have the baby by October 17 I will be induced sometime that week. I'm still hoping that baby decides to come a little early on it's own. So that's been my life this week.

I haven't had a chance to get much stamping in, but I have the best, beyond greatest idea for the fabric and I'm hoping that I can get that project done tomorrow, if so I'll make sure to post it. I'm also still trying to find time to get some of my Halloween ideas in my head onto cardstock. This week has been so busy!

I do have a really nice card for you today though, I love it especially the colors. I think you're all aware of my love of Baja Breeze by now so I won't go into it too much today :) But check out this card isn't it pretty!?


The DSP is great and the flower is just lovely. I stamped it twice, the first time I stamped it I spritz the cardstock with water so it was slightly damp and the colors would run, then I let it dry (well let's be honest, I'm a little impatient--I let my heat tool dry it!). Then you stamp it again and it gives you the prettiest watercolor look EVER! I added some pearls (you should know of my love of those by now too). I just love this card!
Ok, lots to do, hopefully I can carve out some time to stamp and paper craft this weekend and next week. Hopefully I'll have lots more to show you next week!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Silhouette Sentiments
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Confetti Cream, Vanilla, Elegant Soiree DSP
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede markers and pads
Accessories: Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Vintage Brads, Scallop Border Punch, Pearls, Small Oval Punch
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: