Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Luxurious Birthday

This week is jam packed with some fun and some really not so fun activities. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to post again but I wanted to get this card up, since it's been a few days since I posted something.

This morning I had an ultrasound, that showed baby is growing bigger than it should be at 28 weeks. Baby is measuring at 30 weeks. The ultrasound tech also found a small fibroid while doing the ultrasound. My doctor will get all the info on me tomorrow and we'll see what happens after that. Thursday morning I have to go do my second glucose tolerance test. I HATE this test. Not only is the orange stuff you have to drink really gross but then you have to sit and wait an hour before they draw your blood. So guess I'll be taking a book or the catalog to look at (you can never look at it too much right?). So that's the not so fun stuff this week the super fun stuff this week is our demo meeting Thursday night. I'm working on my 3 minute demo hopefully I'll have that to show you later this week. But I can't wait for this meeting, I can't wait to see and hear all the convention news from those in our group that went this year. Also tomorrow morning I'm going to the aquarium with my friend Jennifer and her son. I'm really excited about it. Logan loves the aquarium and I haven't seen Jennifer in a long time so I'm looking forward to catching up.

When I got the catalog it took me a couple of weeks to decide which of the new DSP I wanted to get first. They're ALL so great!! I finally picked 3 or 4 packages. The Lap of Luxury DSP was one of them. Mostly because I just love pink so I choose that one. But the package is so pretty and has so many pretty patterns in it.

This is the first card I made with it. I've said it before, I'm not a purple lover but I really love the new Concord Crush In Color.
I used the large and normal size scallop circle punches for the flower, crumpled up the paper, added a vintage brad and just like that you have a super easy pretty flower! I ran the DSP squares through the Square Lattice Folder to give it more texture but it would look great without that detail too.
Lots to do this week. Fortunately we don't have a swap this week because of our Left Behind Swap last week, I'm not sure I would have time to get a swap together by Thursday if we were doing one. Now it's back to baby announcements for me. People keep telling me that October will be here before I know it, doesn't feel that way but I better get the announcements started just in case it sneaks up on me :)
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Occasional Quotes
Carstock: Pretty in Pink, Basic Gray, Concord Crush, Very Vanilla, Lap of Luxury DSP
Ink: Concord Crush
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punches, Vintage Brads, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

No comments: