Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Tree

Every time Father's Day comes around I always say to myself that I need to get more masculine stamps but then I never buy them. I always reach for my Lovely as a Tree set when I need a masculine card. It works perfect and I'm always happy with the result. I just hope the never retire it. I don't know what I'd do :)

I made this card for Dan for Father's Day tomorrow. I don't think we have anything planned, Dan said he'd like to take Logan to the zoo. I'd like to go but I don't think my body can handle that much walking...yet. Walking, after 4 months of having to be stuck in bed not able to do anything, has been my biggest challenge. I would love to walk around but the zoo is pretty big and I don't think my muscles (or tummy) can handle it just yet. A friend of mine told me that she read somewhere that a pregnant women's body works harder to make a baby than the body of someone climbing a mountain. I don't know if that's true but it sounds good, and could explain why I'm so tired all the time. So with Dan and Logan at the zoo I think I'll have the day to myself, hmmm is that how Father's Day is supposed to work? I hope Dan enjoys his Father's Day card.

To get the water colored look on the tree, I used SU's watercolor paper, sprayed it with a water bottle then stamped my image onto the wet paper. My paper might have been a little wetter than it should have been which is why the marker ran so much in certain spots. I thought about doing it again but the more I looked at it the more I like the artistic look to it. I also added a piece of Pear Pizazz on the left side of the card. To give it the dimension that it has I used my Old Olive ink pad and applied ink to the embossing folder before putting my paper in it. I really love the look it gives, randomly textured. Very nice! The layout of this card came from Heather Summer's Sunday Sketch. I really love it and glad it will at least be staying in the house.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Lovely as a Tree
Cardstock: Old Olive, Pear Pizazz, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive pads. Markers: Old Olive, Pear Pizazz, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso and Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Linen Thread, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals, spray bottle
I have 2 more Father's Day cards to show you in the next couple of days so check back soon!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card. Maybe you can get a wheelchair at the zoo, that way you can go too. I know you can rent them at Disneyland and other places.

Anonymous said...

It's such an elegant card - i love it, simple and stunning!