Thursday, June 10, 2010

Because I Care

What a week it's been. I'm going to spend Friday resting :) I'm exhausted! But with all that went on this week it's been a good week. I told you in my last post about how excited I was to get my new catalog, that poor UPS man is probably still worried about me and has probably asked not to sub on this route again (just kidding, I'm sure he runs into all sorts of interesting things doing his job). But in my new catalog happiness I forgot to tell you how the ultrasound went. Well I didn't 'forget', we just weren't telling anyone until we talked to Logan about it. He didn't know I was pregnant until today. Since he's only 3 we didn't know if he would fully understand and because I was so terribly sick we didn't want him to have resentful feelings of the baby for making me so sick, so we thought it would be better to wait to tell him. For weeks we went back and forth about the ultrasound-will we find out what it is or won't we. We were surprised with Logan but decided to find out with this one. I'm happy to tell you we're having a little GIRL! Which is great since this will be our last baby we'll have one of each. Dan and I only want two kids and even if we wanted more I don't think my body could handle it. I am feeling better but I'm still nauseous and I'm still on all the medicine I've been on for months. At almost 22 weeks I really thought it would be done by now but I guess not :( I'm hopefully it will still end soon and that I won't be on the meds my entire pregnancy. Logan took the news great and is excited, he only had one question "How will the baby get out?" I told him that I'll go to the hospital and a special doctor will get the baby out. That answer seemed to satisfy him, we'll see if he has more later :)

Anyway, I bet you came to my blog to see a project right? Well have a good one for you!!! I used some new products and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. I think it's going up on my wall where I display my most favorite cards. Are you ready to see it!?!

The picture really doesn't do it the justice it deserves. In person it's just so pretty. And I used 2 of the new In Colors. To be honest, I wasn't sure I would like the new purple, Concord Crush. I'm not a huge fan of purple, I certainly never reach for it when I make stuff but for this card I thought I would venture out of my comfort zone and try something new. And after using it, I just love it. OH MY GOODNESS, who would have thought I would like a purple this much! I used markers to color the image. I used Perfect Plum, Concord Crush, Pear Pizazz and Garden Green. For the rest of the card, I did a tone on tone background. I used Perfect Plum for the base of the card and another sheet of perfect plum on top of it. On that sheet, before I attached it, I sprayed our new smooch spritz all over it and tore it, then sponged the whole thing in shimmer paint. This card has serious sparkle! I tried something different with the ribbon too, don't you LOVE it!! It needed ribbon of some sort but I couldn't figure out where to put it, so I ruffled it up and attached it to the back of the Concord Crush CS.


Some rhinestones to finish it off. I just took the rhinestones out of the brad part and used tombow glue to glue them on. Now are you wondering about that new stamp set? Isn't it great?? It's one of the new hostess sets in the FANTASTIC NEW CATALOG!! I would love to do a workshop for you and your friends and you can get this set free, contact me and we'll set a date.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Because I Care
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Concord Crush, Whisper White
Ink: Markers-Perfect Plum, Concord Crush, Pear Pizazz, Garden Green
Accessories: Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, White Shimmer Paint, Sponges, White Satin Ribbon, Rhinestone Brads, Dimensionals, Tombow Multi Glue
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: