Friday, May 28, 2010

Star Swap

What a great meeting last night!! We had such a good time-like we always do! I look forward to the meetings every month. They're just so much fun!!!! Plus Mindy had the CUTEST project idea and as soon as she sends me the dimensions for it I'll make one and show you!! But as promised I said I would show my swap that I did for the meeting.

The theme this month was ribbon. I wanted to use the ribbon in a different way than the traditional bow or knot. I remembered seeing this idea on Heather Summers blog (who as you know, if you follow my blog, I'm an huge fan of hers!). She used a punched image and stuck ribbon on the back and ribbon would show through the punched image. Brilliant idea and I filed it away in my brain somewhere (can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but have all these stamping techniques stored away). So I thought this swap would be the perfect time to try this technique. And, not to be too proud of myself, but this card turned out sooooooo much cuter then I originally expected it to. So YAY ME!! Isn't that just the BEST feeling in the world when a project comes out better than expected!!

Isn't it just one of the cutest cards you'll ever see. Ok, seriously I'll stop tooting my own horn now :)
It's a great idea, go try it. It's a GREAT way to use those little scraps of ribbon you're saving and you know you're saving them.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Birthday Bliss, So Many Stars Wheel Builder
Carstock: Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Pretty in Pink Jumbo ink cartridge
Accessories: Star Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Silver Brads, Pretty in Pink Satin ribbon, Whisper White Satin and Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon
I'll have what I demoed for my 3 minute demo and the rest of the ribbon swaps coming in the next few days! Remember to sign up for stamp camp-the projects are AMAZING!!! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT!!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: