Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stamps and Cardstock

First of all-Thanks so much for all your kind comments on my spring wreath! I just love it and I'm so pleased that you guys do too. I read every comment and I love them!!! So thanks!!!

Well I'm feeling a little better every day! I feel like I've been sick forever and should have a baby by now. But really it's only been about 2 1/2 months. Yep, I pretty much lost 2 1/2 months of my life. But I think I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. I've been out and about more in the past week then I have in the past 2 months. A couple trips to Starbucks-mmmm! I'm still not driving, it's been so long I hope I remember how :) But since I still can't walk very far or stand for too long without getting sick I really have nowhere to drive to. I've have been able to do some light cleaning though, some much needed cleaning.
  • I cleaned all the clutter and junk that's accumulated in our living room in the last 2 months. It was clean for about 6 hours until we accumulated more junk :)
  • I cleaned the kitchen counters. I know that probably doesn't sound like much but when you're living on snack food it's so much easier to keep it all out on the counter, for 2 reasons in our house: 1) Logan could get some if he needed to eat and I was unable to get up and get him food-which unfortunately happened quite a bit, and 2) the smell of the pantry made me sick-there was nothing wrong in there, to a non pregnant person it smelled fine and normal but to me who can smell EVERYTHING it made me sick. So anyway, we had boxes of food on the counter in addition to dishes that weren't put away, and more so now the counters are clean.
  • Next on the list-the stamp room!!! I knew this would be the most challenging of the 'light' cleaning. But I'm happy to report that most of the stuff is put away and my desk is clear again-ahhhhhhh it's so nice! The stamp sets are still not put away-but they're closer to their home at least, so that's a big step. The cardstock is still not organized according to the new color families but I'm just not ready to take that on yet. It's going to take a lot of energy and after 2 1/2 months of doing nothing but throwing up I just don't have alot of energy-shocking I know. It will happen soon...........

Here's all the stamp sets that need to be put away, they live in the cabinet they're sitting on, so they're very close-they just need to get inside. Hopefully they'll be room-most of them are new and there wasn't much room before they arrived. But on the other hand the retiring list will be out soon and those will move out and then they'll be plenty of room!

As demonstrators we get a monthly magazine with fantastic ideas, beautiful projects and so much more! This month they include one sheet each of the 5 NEW colors. HOORAY!! They're so pretty too. I can't wait to get more of them and PLAY! Here's the new colors!! Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist and Early Espresso!! Aren't they pretty!! I love them especially the Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Early Espresso!!!

I don't have a project today but hopefully with a clean desk I can start crafting again :) Goodness knows I have tons of new product and millions of ideas! Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

2 comments:

Cindy Schuster said...

Hi Ruth! I am so glad that you are feeling better! I was sick during my pregancy as well. I wanted to give you a Sunshine Award! Cause you and your blog brighten my day with that beautiful wreath and you always do anyways!
check it out here: www.nutmegcreations.blogspot.com
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Ruth, I just wanted to respond to your mention of the pantry "smell." When I was pregnant with my twins, early on I would try to cook only to get sick by the smell of the food cooking. Now, I had NO problem eating the food; I just couldn't cook it, lol. I thought that was crazy and my husband didn't quite believe me until his mother told him it was very real. haha, we still laugh about that today (my girls are turning 19 soon.)

Just wanted to share. Take care.
Mary(at)rievley(dot)com