Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Candles and the Big Shot

I can't believe how much stamping/crafting I've done this week. It's not a huge amount but certainly the most I've done in months. I have all my swaps for our meeting done, my 3 minute demo prepared and I've done a couple of bonus projects :) Most of my swaps were done while resting on the couch and they were done in stages. It took about 3 days to finish them. I still can't do too much at a time. After nearly 3 months of not being able to do anything it's just taking my body longer to readjust to normal life. I'm so tired all the time, way more so then I was in my first trimester. I don't know if it's my body and muscles trying to build themselves back up or the little baby growing inside me that's making me so tired. Probably a combo of both. But either way I'm exhausted after everything I do. So I've been trying not to do so much all at once.


This little candle holder fortunately only took about 5 minutes to make. I used some thin, thin roof flashing and my flower folds die to cut it out. Then I ran each flower through the polka dots embossing folder.


Isn't it just adorable. You could make a ton of these for a party and guests could take them home as party favors. You could also use a soda can to make these too. Just be really careful when your cutting the can apart not to cut yourself. This idea is again not mine. I saw a sample like this on Stampin' Connection, a great resource only for SU demos!

Hope you enjoyed today's project. I'm hoping to get my swap and my 3 minute demo up here in the next few days, so keep checking. I'm still pretty nauseous most of the time, but 'knock on wood' the throwing up has seemed to slow down alot so I'm hopeful this won't last too much longer. As soon as the nausea goes away I'll be able to get back to posting daily---hopefully... :)
Supplies:
Big Shot, Flower Folds die, Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder, glue dots
Other: Roof Flashing
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: