Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday-Baby Wipe Swipe-plus today's the day!

Yeah!! Today's the day!!The new Occasions Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration start today!! Oh happy day!! I'm so excited, there are soooo many amazing new things in both catalogs!!!

Remember to earn FREE Sale-a-Bration products you just have to spend $50 (before tax and shipping) and you can pick ANY product in there for FREE!! And there's no limit! Earn them all!!
AND as if that weren't enough, SU also has some new treat cups! Heart shaped ones just in time for Valentines day! Yeah!! The quantities of the cups for the first shipment are limited though. So if you do want them for Valentines day make sure you order early!

Ok now that we have all that taken care of, let's get down to some stamping! It occurred to me earlier that yesterday was the first Monday of the month and so I technically should have posted a project from Logan. But with a new year brings new changes. So instead of limiting Logan only to the first Monday of the month, I'm just gonna to show his stuff when he makes it. We haven't stamped together in a while. Since at least before Christmas. I'm sure he's itching to stamp some stuff too!
But for today's tutorial I have a fun technique. It's a version of the baby wipe technique. But instead of using the baby wipe as an ink pad, we're just going to use it to make a cool background for our card. To do this technique you'll need baby wipes, reinkers, and glossy cardstock.


Use 1-2 baby wipes and fold it 2 or 3 times. Use your reinkers and puts lines or dots of reinkers along the fold of your baby wipe. For this card I'm using So Saffron, Barely Banana, More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie reinkers.



Then swipe your baby wipe along the glossy cardstock. Keep going until you get the look you want.


This is my glossy card still wet, the ink will dry lighter, so if you want a really dark background, keep swiping the baby wipe across your cardstock.



Here's what my cardstock looks like when it's dry, much lighter. So you may need to experiment with different colors to get the look you want. But since it's dry it's ready to be stamped on now.


I stamped my images on it. I used Going Gray and Basic Gray classic inks to stamp it. Add it to your finished card and.....
You're done! Awesome technique!



So pretty!!
SU Leadership Conference is this week. I won't be attending this year :( but my upline Amber and sidelines Lisa, Kim and Joanna are going so I'm anxious to see what they'll learn!!! Have a great time guys!!!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: