Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thinking of Felt

I'm having wayyyy to much fun with all the new mini catalog products and the SAB sets. I don't think I've used a regular catalog set in weeks! That's ok, and I'm on day 3 in a row of using my Sweet Pea DSP--YEAH! I don't know if I'm officially not hoarding it anymore, because I keep using scraps of the same sheet {smile}! Eventually I'll run out of scraps. Today's card came together very quickly, it literally just used scraps of cardstock I had lying around on my desk. After I got all the paper attached to the base of my card I needed an embellishment. So I reached for my Sweet Pea felt. I love them!


I used white satin ribbon that I lightly sponged with Rose Red ink. Doesn't it give it a great look? Custom one of a kind ribbon in any color! Normally I'm not a huge fan of all that white space, but on this card I think it works. This would be such an easy card to mass produce. With the felt pieces you could make a ton of them! You could make them without the greeting, then when you need a card (thank you, birthday, thinking of you, etc) just grab a greeting, stamp it and you're ready to go in no time! But anyway, I'm getting carried away!
I have lots to do today. My SAB class is this weekend-so excited for that AND our demo meeting is tomorrow night! Gotta work on my swaps and demo! I love our meetings! Now is a great time to join the SU family too! I'd love to have you in our group, contact me if you're interested!!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Whimsical Words SAB
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, White, Rose Red, Sweet Pea DSP
Ink: Rose Red
Accessories: Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, White Satin Ribbon, sponges, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

NicoleStamper said...

Another Beautiful Card! Following your blog has been one of my best decisions. You are very talented. I hope you dont mind that I find myself CASEing your cards often (credit is always given). Kept the cards coming!