Friday, January 29, 2010

Beautiful Butterfly

Last night was our demo meeting! I always always have a blast!! Plus this is our first meeting since leadership so those that attended had LOTS to show us! What a fun time!! I'll show the swaps I received tomorrow-make sure to check back.

I LOVE this card. I had a hard time parting with it last night. This was the card I demoed at the meeting. I wanted to show a different way to use the masking technique. I wish I could take credit for this idea but I got the idea from Rose's blog, which I love by the way. I used the Butterfly die for the big shot, but instead of using the butterfly that cut out I used the other piece of the cardstock as a stencil. I used a sponge and sponged color on the inside of the butterfly then stamped on it with the mask still on.

I love the pearls on it! Plus as an extra bonus I used Perfect Plum ink and cardstock-I can't even remember when I used that color last. Not a commonly used color in my house. I like it and I think the two plums together work great, but I just never ever reach for Perfect Plum when I'm crafting, so I guess you could say I stepped out of my comfort zone for this card. But I absolutely love it!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: En Francias, Friends 24/7, Whimsical Words SAB
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Very Vanilla
Ink: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum
Accessories: Big Shot, Butterfly Die, Pretties Kit, Vanilla Ribbon, glue dots, sponges
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!

No comments: