Thursday, October 1, 2009

One box--Two ways

We made a trip to Sams Club over the weekend and Dan got a box of those little tiny boxes of cereal. So after he had his Fruit Loops I was looking at the box saying "This is a really cute box and it's a good size and I can totally make this!" So Dan of course rolled his eyes as I ran off with his cereal box to use for a pattern. The box is really simple to make and since it's so simple I made 2, two different ways!
The first one I made a lid to go with it, then ran ribbon around it and tied it over the top. The second one I left open and squeezed the top together and closed it with a ribbon. I think that they're both super cute and I just love them! You could do it a third way and just leave the box open with the gift inside.
The box is 9 1/2 x 6. On the 9 1/2 inch side score at 1/2, 3 1/2, 5, and 8 1/2. On the 6 inch side score at 1 1/2. Cut your tabs and assemble! Super easy. If you want to make the lid it's 4 1/2 x 3, score at 3/4 inch on all 4 sides. Cut your tabs and assemble again.
Supplies:
Stamp sets: It's Your Birthday, Medallion
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss (retired), Old Olive, White
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: Sticky Strip, paper snips, dimensionals, Chocolate Chip ribbon, crop a dial
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Tee McNeil Art said...

Great idea! I like the one with the lid the best! I wonder if you could cover the Fruit Loop box with DSP to make an environmentally friendly option? Take the tabs off the top and then make a lid for it??