Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday--Bag and Pirate Clothes Tip

I think this is the longest tutorial I've ever done, but I have 2 of them today. Well more like a quick tip and a tutorial. But bear with me through it all, they're both worth looking at! When I posted this pirate bear card last week I got a question about how I did the pirate clothes. So I thought I'd show that really fast and then we'll get to the tutorial.

To make the pirate shirt and pant, use your big shot and cut out pants and a shirt.

Then I just used my paper snips and chopped them up. Here they are half done...

...and all done. So that's the shirt and pants. Super easy.


For the bandanna, I used a 1 1/4 inch circle punch and the small oval punch.



Feed your circle through your oval punch, I wanted that curved edge on my bandanna, so that's why it's going back through the oval punch.


To make the rest of the bandanna, I used the other half of the circle. I use the 1/4 inch circle punch for the knot and then I cut freehand the tails of the bandanna.


Here's the finished card again. His eye patch is also done with the 1/4 inch circle punch and scraps of black. Hope that helps!


So on to today's tutorial. At stamp when I was talking to customers I heard that they like the box/bag alot, it was one of their favorite projects of the day. So I thought I'd show you how they made it.
For the bag you'll need a piece of 8.5 x 11 cardstock:
Score on the 8.5 side at 1 1/4 and 7 1/4.
On the 11 inch side score at 4 1/2 and 6 1/2.
You'll also need sticky strip, ribbon, some DSP (2 pieces, 4 1/2 x 3)
So lets get started.

Cut your middle tabs to the score lines.



Fold on all your score lines and then adhere you're DSP.




Then run a line of sticky strip on both sides of the DSP.


Stick your ribbon on.



Do that on both sides.





You're going to use sticky strip again to hold it together. Fold your box up and use sticky strip on one of the tabs.



I jazzed this box up a little more then they did at stamp camp. I just added a scallop border at the top with some white cardstock.





Stamp and attach your greeting or tag.


All done. How great would this be for a new neighbor, or fill it up with Christmas cookies for a nice Christmas treat for a co worker or teacher.


Thanks for sticking with me through this long post! Oh that DSP is from the Christmas Cocoa pack and it is NOW available for purchase from the mini catalog since it went live today!!! The snowflakes on the DSP are flocked and soooo cool.
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

kristine said...

So pretty!! I love the look of the tote. I think I would put in some cards to match for a great gift. Thanks for always sharing your techniques with us!!