Friday, September 18, 2009

Petal Card Box

Oh my goodness I love, love, love this die. This is the new flower folds die in the catalog and look how pretty those flowers are when you stack them up. Plus it helps that the Cottage Wall DSP is really pretty too. I can't wait to use this die on scraps of fabric and make pretty flower pins. Shelli showed those at convention and it was one of the reasons I got this die when I did. It was already on my wishlist but if it hadn't been shown at convention I don't think I would have been so quick to get it when I got home. But that's a project for another day. Let's try to focus on today's project shall we. This box is so adorable and I found the idea for this box on Elaine's blog.

I almost had a mini meltdown while making this project. I knew that I wanted to use the Cottage Wall DSP so the lid had to be Rich Razzleberry, right!? Well, when I went to get my Rich Razzleberry CS I couldn't find it! How could I be out??? But not to fear it was just simply misplaced. And if you could see the lack of organization in my stamp room this week you'd understand.
Isn't this box great! Now I know that when I make boxes I normally do a Ghirardelli count, you know, how many fit in this box perfectly, well I didn't do that with this box BUT it's a pretty good size you could probably fit a whole lot in there! The box is really simple to make, it's a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 square, score it at 1 1/2 on all four sides, assemble and your done. Your lid is the Petal Card die, it fits perfectly and the embellishment on top is anything you want it to be. In this case it's the Flower Fold Die.

Well I think that's enough of my chatting. Here's the supplies.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Rich Razzleberry, Cottage Wall DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Flower Fold and Petal Card dies, Old Olive ribbon, sticky strip, dimensionals, Jumbo Grommets
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: