Thursday, September 17, 2009

Embossing the Medallion

Have I mentioned how much I love this stamp set? Not today anyway. The medallion background is just so awesome! I love it. This card also uses another one of my new favorite products, the Cottage Wall DSP! I've wanted to try this resisting technique for a while but just never got around to it. Here's how it did it.
I stamped my Medallion in versa mark on the Cottage Wall DSP. Then I embossed it with Clear EP.
Once it was dry I used my brayer and brayered over the image in Old Olive ink and where the embossing was it 'resisted' the ink and the DSP comes through. Isn't that just the coolest thing ever. I think that when you've been a stamper for a while you forget the big wow's that the simple techniques like embossing give. I can still do any workshop and show embossing and everyone is always impressed. It's just magic, and it always adds a little extra touch to your card. So go out today and emboss something!


Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Medallion Background, It's Your Birthday
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Cottage Wall DSP
Ink: Old Olive, Versa mark
Accessories: Brayer, Circle Designer Brads, Certainly Celery ribbon, heat tool, Clear EP, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!

No comments: