Thursday, September 3, 2009

Charming Birthday

First off, I have to apologize for these pictures being so dark. These cards were made late Sunday night and had to go out first thing Monday morning to get to the birthday girls in time. And I debated not even posting them because the pictures weren't great but I think that the cards are too good not to post.
Two of my friends have birthdays this week so I thought I would do a variation of the same card for them. I got the idea for this card from Jodie's blog. I decided that I wanted to keep it simple with just a few colors. So here's my version of them. Both cards are almost identical except that the one on the left has the flur de lies background (I'm sure I spelled that wrong, and I'm not even positive that's what they are anyway, so much for those 3 years of french I took), and the one on the right has the small medallion background.




I like them both but I think I like this one just a little more.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Charming, It's Your Birthday
Cardstock: Basic Gray, So Saffron, Barely Banana
Ink: So Saffron, Basic Gray
Accessories: Dimensionals---That's it--can you believe it!! Oh wait, just kidding, I used the paper piercer and pad too. Still only 3 accessories, that's gotta be a record! Well I did use the stamp a ma jig too, so that's 4, oh perhaps someday I can make a card with little or no accessories......but why? (smile)
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: