Monday, September 28, 2009

Bithday Medallion and Apple Pie!

Well I had a really fun weekend, how about you? Friday afternoon I went to pick up 3 bags of Dixon Apples. Dixon apples are grown here in New Mexico and they're soooo yummy. I love them. So I went to pick up 3 bags of apples and they were huge apples and there were 7 in each bag so I have a ton of apples. So what do you do when you have a ton of apples---you make apple pie of course! Now normally I don't show you what I cook, only because a) that's not why you're here and b) most of the time it doesn't come out looking very pretty-yummy yes, pretty not really. BUT this pie was so pretty and yummy and I had to photograph it.
This picture was taken just out of the oven so it's still bubbly! YUM-RIGHT!? And it tasted really good too! Logan and Dan both loved it!

So then on Sunday evening I had a workshop. And it was a blast. I LOVE what I do. The workshop was small but so much fun. I sometimes think that the small ones are the best. We laughed so much and it was so much fun! And we're gonna do it all again in October!
So here we go for today's project--today is my sister Julie's birthday. I sent this to her last week so hopefully she's received it by now.

I just love that Medallion stamp set and I'm convinced that you cannot make a bad card with it. It's literally impossible. For this card I stamped the medallion in white craft ink and then sponged over it with More Mustard ink to soften the look of the medallion. I highlighted some parts more then others with the ink. Then I used my markers to color and stamp the flower image from the Charming stamp set. These are just super fall colors and I love the softness of the Medallion!

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Medallion BG, Charming
Cardstock: More Mustard, Old Olive, Crushed Curry
Ink: White Craft pad, More Mustard Classic Pad, More Mustard, Crushed Curry and Old Olive Marker
Accessories: Silver Brads, Old Olive Ribbon, Sponges, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday!

1 comment:

JBassem said...

Absolutely lovely :)