Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Resisting

Well today is the day! It's the last day of the Spring/Summer Idea Book and Catalog! Tomorrow the 2009-2010 IB&C will be released! Yippeee!!! Ordering will begin at noon tomorrow. If you do order at noon, it may be a little slow since there will be thousands of orders going in tomorrow at that time.

Quick tutorial for today. One of my sidelines Joanna, HI JOANNA! had a few questions on using the brayer with embossing resist and a white crayon. So I told her I'd do it for my tutorial today. SU no longer sells spectrum pads anymore so I'm going to make my own for this technique too. So here's what you'll need: baby wipes, brayer, classic reinkers, white crayon, your image stamped and embossed with clear EP on glossy cardstock.

I've already stamped and embossed the image and I used the white crayon to highlight some parts of my image. I'm using the bear from Under the Stars stamp set.

To make your own spectrum pad, use a small stack of baby wipes (I think I have 4 in my stack) a few reinkers, at least 2 but really no more then 4 or 5. I'm using Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel. My brayer is well used and stained, can you tell?
After you've made your custom ink pad ink up your brayer....



...and run it over your image. Where the image is embossed or where you highlighted with the crayon the ink will resist it.



Attach it to your card!



Oh I love that bear!!!
Thanks for looking see you tomorrow!





No comments: