Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-pull out train

Happy Tuesday. Today I have a really quick tutorial for you. I almost didn't get one up at all but didn't want to miss a Tutorial Tuesday! I showed you this card last week and a few people asked for a tutorial so I'd thought I'd show that to you really fast.
For the card you need 2 pieces of white, one is 5 x 3 3/4 (top) the other is 5 x 3 1/4 (bottom).


This is your bottome piece, you're going to cut about 1/2 inch off the top and bottom leaving a 1 inch tab on the right hand side of your paper. The picture explains it much better then me. At this step your images wouldn't be stamped, so ignore my train.

Now line up the pieces together with the 1 inch tab hidden behind the top piece. This is where you would stamp your images if you haven't already done that.


Flip both pieces over and attach dimensionals. I drew blue lines on them where they should go. I used the outside edges of the dimensionals for the top and bottom, and one dimensional in each corner. When you put them on make sure that the tab on your bottom piece catches on them. The dimensionals on the left are going to stop your bottom piece from slidding out when you pull it and the dimensionals on the right are going to stop your bottom piece when you slide it back in. Hope that makes sense.


Then attach it to your card.



And it should slide open and closed easily.




I've opened an etsy shop. I currently only have 1 item listed, I'm hoping to get more up soon. I'm selling my cards in packages of 4. Feel free to take a look!
Thanks for looking see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

This is great! I can't wait to try it out.