Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tutorial Tueday-Mini Easter Basket

I have another really fun Easter project for you today and I just know your going to love it! The idea for this project came from Tammy Fite. She's a demonstrator who demonstrated this project last month at the Albuquerque Regionals. I thought it was such a cute idea so I'll share it with you today too.
Here are the supplies you'll need: A word window punch, a box cut out using the big shot and the box #2 die, some ribbon and some DSP. I'm using the SAB ribbon and DSP for my project. You only have 1 week left to get the SAB stamp sets and ribbon for free. After March 31 they're no longer available. You'll also need some adhesive, I'm using SNAIL for mine but sticky strip, 2-way glue or tombow glue would also work great. So lets get started!


To make your basket cut off the top of the box #2, you'll need to cut it so that it's shorter then the word window punch. I cut mine about a 1/2 inch below the top score line.

Assemble your box.


Punch a bunch of word window punches. I think for my whole box I used 25-30 of them. You'll start sticking them along the outside of your box.



Keep going until your box is done. Isn't it cute.
With that pattern of paper, it looks almost like it's woven together.



Tie a ribbon around it and use another piece of ribbon for the handle, attach with brads. You can also use cardstock for the handle if you want something sturdier.



Here it is all done. It's not a very big basket but it would hold probably 2 eggs or just fill it up with jelly beans. What a cute project to leave on co-workers desks or a gift for a teacher. Super cute!!



Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sandra Shimizu said...

Wow Ruth, gorgeous creations.
Thanks for the inspirations.
cheers