Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday-Fun with Punches

Today's Tutorial doesn't really show any special technique, but it's a fun card and it uses one of my favorite accessories.
For this card, I'm coloring directly on my stamp with Handsome Hunter and Yoyo Yellow. The punches that I'll be using are the scallop square, corner rounder, large oval and small star. I'm using silver cardstock for the base of my card and a peice of Handsome Hunter, 4.25x 1.5. And scraps of white and yellow that I'll be punching. I have my hobby blade and mat in the picture. I didn't use it in the card. I had plans to but as the card evolved I didn't need to use it after all, so just pretend it's not there.


Use your markers to color directly on the stamp then stamp it on the white cardstock. By the way I'm using the Say it with Scallops stamp set. It's this year's Ronald McDonald House stamp set. SU donates $2 of every stamp set sold to the RMH.




Punch it out using the scallop square punch.



Using the large oval punch with your Handsome Hunter cs punch on one of the sides but not all the way in. We're just adding a little interest in the card with fun dimensions.




This is what it should look like after you've punched it.





Punch a small star with the Yoyo Yellow cardstock.






Put a dimensional on the back of the star and place it over the star on the stamped image.







Tie some ribbon around your hunter peice and adhere it to the base of your card.








Use some more dimesionals to put the greeting on.






You're done!
Tomorrow is the last day of the year can you believe it!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!









No comments: