Thursday, December 4, 2008

Santa Pants... But don't forget Mrs. Claus

This may be by far one of the cutest things I have ever made. I was inspired to make this box from this picture on split coast stampers. But the problem was there was no Mrs. Claus to go with Santa. So I created Mrs. Claus.

I went off the picture but created my own dimensions for this box. I'm not sure I'll give it away this year with a gift in it. It may just get packed away with my Christmas stuff and displayed every year. They're just so cute!!!

To make Santa, I used 2 pieces of real red cardstock 4x4 score 1 inch all the way around and cut tabs and assemble the boxes. Then I used 2 pieces of real red cardstock cut 4x8.5 and wrapped it around each box, this makes his pants. Glue the 2 boxes together at the top. I just used scraps of white and black cardstock, wrapped it around for the bottom of his pants, and for his belt. I used the designer label punch for his belt buckle in gold cardstock. The suspenders are scraps left from the boxes. I used sticky strip to hold everything together.

And here's the Mrs....

For her I used the same idea but I used a 4x6 piece of cardstock score 1 inch on each side and assemble, for the box base. Then I used 2 pieces of cardstock 4x8 to wrap around for her dress. The apron is 2 pieces of white, the bottom piece is 3.5x3.5 and the top is 2.5x2. I used my coluzzle cutter to make a curved neck line for the apron. I used tiny scraps of creamy caramel cardstock for the spoon and spatula in her pocket. And white taffeta to tie her apron. Use scraps of white for her straps. After looking at it I would have used my corner rounder to round the corners of the bottom of her apron, maybe the next one I make....


the back.


Here they are together, what a happy couple!
The funny thing about this project, I totally had stampers block today, couldn't come up with anything to make for the longest time, then after some time on split coast found this idea and ran with it. I guess my stampers block is over.
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for this great idea...I totally copied your Mr Claus, and made coordinating Mrs Claus from a box in a bag! Merry Christmas.