Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday--Shaving Cream Technique

This was one of the first techniques I learned when I became a Stampin' Up! Demo. I still love doing it. It's easy and fun-a little messy-but you get great results.
To do this technique you'll need shaving cream. Make sure it's shaving cream not the gel, it won't work with the gel kind. You'll also need a couple of classic reinkers(for this cards I'm using rose red and cameo coral). It's best to only use a few colors, if you have too many colors when mixed together it just gets too messy and the colors get muddy together. You'll also need something to put the shaving cream in. Our powder pals are great for this technique but if you don't have one you can also use a SU stamp case for it. I'm also using a popsicle stick to blend everything together. It's also helpful to keep a few paper towels handy, since this does get a little messy.


To start, spray a little shaving cream in your powder pal. Enough to cover it. Use your popsicle stick to spread it out.


Drop a couple drops of each color of reinker on the shaving cream.


Using your popsicle stick, swirl the colors together gently. Don't mix them too much or you'll lose the swirl effect.




Press your cardstock into the shaving cream mixture and lightly press down. Lift up and use the popsicle stick to scrap off any shaving cream stuck the the cardstock. Use a paper towel to remove any extra shaving cream.



What you're left with is a swirled effect on the cardstock. Let the cardstock dry.





I stamped my image on vellum. This stamp is from Happy Heart Day stamp set. It's on the dormant list for this catalog, hopefully it will be in the next one. It's so cute!






I attached my image to my card with brads. It makes a great background image!


Thanks for looking see you tomorrow!








No comments: