Thursday, October 9, 2008

Howling at the Moon

I just love this set. It's a new set of mine, I haven't used it too much but I really like everything I do with it and it's a great manly stamp set and I have so few of those. I like the idea of this card but I should have 'polished' it more. To get the ground to go all the way across I inked up the bottom without the tree and stamped it. If I was a perfectionist, I would have used my stamp a ma jig to line it up. I also am not loving the greeting on the bottom. It doesn't flow with the tone of the card. Fortunatly I won't be mailng this card to anyone. It's a lovely card and I'm sure there are lots of people who would enjoy it, but there too many little things wrong with it, so it will just stay in my collection at home. Which is also great because then I'll always have the idea and next time I make this card I'll know what to fix.
So in honor of World Card Making Day/Week, I've been mailing a card everyday. Monday-check, Tuesday-check, Wednesday------ahhhhhh, I didn't mail one----Looks like I'll mail 2 today to make up for it. Although not sure how much I trust USPS anymore. Monday I went to get the mail and the mail man had left the entire streets mail, all neatly stacked in a rubber band sitting on top of our cluster mail box------HELLO!!!! Anyway I grabbed the stack, called our local post office and within 5 minutes the mail man was knocking at my door to pick up his mail and finish the job---good greif.

Supplies
Nature Silhouettes Stamp set
More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, White cardstock
Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, So Saffron ink
Chocolate Chip ribbon, brayer, A Perfect Day rubons, 1 3/4 circle punch.

Thanks for looking, mail a card today---or 2, see you tomorrow!

No comments: